Let the Adventure Begin

You found me...Mama Made it Home.  We are on a new adventure, a new chapter in our life and it calls for a new space on the web.  Here it is.  I like to write.  I like to keep a chronicle of our life and share it with others.  Whether it's school or work or adventures we go on or just life happening, I enjoy the fact that the world can experience it with us.  Thanks for hanging out with us.  I hope you enjoy our adventure as much as we do.

Through a series of weird and somewhat stomach churning events, I parted ways with the world of full-time working moms.  I found myself jobless, still a full-time grad student (only 4 more months), back at home full-time and for the first time in oh, almost 6 years, completely and utterly able to breathe.  Mama made it home.  But...the adventure doesn't start there.

About three years ago, Jason and I were able to take an amazing trip to Oahu, Hawaii for our 20th anniversary.  We fell in love with Hawaii.  It wasn't just the sun, the sand and the vibe, it was the people and the culture.  I cried when we left; I felt like I was leaving my home.  That's when the adventure began.  It never left my  mind or heart and that feeling...that knowing...only got stronger.  Fast forward three years...we boarded a plane to Oahu once again but this time all of the kids were with us including our oldest, his wife and baby and my father-in-law.  We stayed at a ranch tucked back in the foothills of the tropical mountains and within 48 hours, we all knew we were at home.  The same feeling, knowing, grew but this time it lit a fire in not only my heart but all of our hearts.  Hawaii wasn't just our home, it was where we were supposed to be; a calling from our Creator.

We dreamed, we researched, we spent hours pouring over information.  We talked to people, prayed for guidance and we settled on the Island of Hawaii, Hawaii, aka Big Island.  We sketched out a tentative time line and decided June 2018 would be a great time to put the adventure into overdrive.  Well...our plans are not God's plans and project overdrive...it's happening...now...Big Island get ready for the Waitley clan because we are coming for you...much sooner than later.

I can hear what you are thinking...are you saying you are moving to Hawaii?...why Hawaii?...it's SO expensive (everyone's first thought)...it's an island in the middle of the ocean and Big Island is a volcano, SCARY...what are you thinking?...you will get bored because you can't really go anywhere...you have a great life, why leave it?...I think that about covers it.  Why?  Because it's home.  We are called.  The aloha spirit...it's deep in our hearts and growing by the day.  I promise, I will respond to all of these questions but let's just start with the first...

Are you saying you are moving to Hawaii?  YES, we are moving to Big Island, Hawaii.  We will load our shipping container, pack our suitcases, crate up the dogs and take this giant leap just as soon as our house sells.  That could take months or days, whichever it is, it is all part of the plan and we aren't scared, we are ready.

So there it is...it's out for all to know...we are selling it all and starting a new chapter and we couldn't be happier.

Please feel free to leave comments, ask questions or leave a word of encouragement as you travel along with us on our adventures.  Mahalo!


Comments

  1. I wish you many blessings in your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all! It's a huge undertaking and we are thrilled to be doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo looking forward to seeing everyone on the Big Island ! So excited about our new journey , Pat and I , checking out the Island , to see if it will be where we begin our new life . 2018 ...... GOD'S BLESSINGS TO ALL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, this brought tears to my eyes. LOVE!! I am so, so happy for you and for Dad. I cannot wait to get your over to Big Island because I have a feeling you won't want to leave! LOL And that makes me even happier. :-) Love you so much.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On the Wire - - - - -

Life on the Island

Scary? Nahhh